Wednesday, January 11, 2012

So this is why I don't do Facebook... Because I'll never get around to checking or updating it anyway. I'm making and effort to keep this thing updated and maybe interesting. And I can pretty much say what I want because no one is reading it at this point anyway.  I've decided I should better explain what is going on with the house as it progresses. Or why it isn't.

This couple of photos are what I'm working on this week and i'll show my work at the end... well if your lucky. This is a close up of the adobe brick exposed through a layer of parge, in this case Plaster. I'm concerned that if I don't fill these spots with something like Structolite® that any moisture from humidity that might build up condense or or just get sucked up by the adobe, weakening the wall or just melt away the adobe brick.

The problem I have is the current temperature of the house stays at about 37ยบ degrees. So I'm going to create a plastic tent for keeping the wall warm enough for the new plaster to set up. At least I hope.
Here are some other shots.


What you are looking at is where the wall between the bath room and kitchen will be as soon as this is plaster is fixed. There are two other places exposed like this. They are all created by the ends of old walls that I've removed. only one of these places will be exposed when the house is put back together.

This next pictures are of the wall between the kitchen and bathroom being removed.





    

No comments:

Post a Comment